Taney Basketball Code of Conduct 2014-15
This Code of Conduct has been developed to clarify and define the standards of behavior from Parents, Parent-coaches, and guests affiliated Taney Youth Basketball. This Code of Conduct will be agreed to in writing by all parents, including parent-coaches, as a condition of participation in Taney Basketball. We appreciate your continued support of Taney Youth Basketball, your assistance in creating a respectful community, and developing our children into good sports.
1. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests will emphasize that the game is played for fun, and for the benefit of the youth, not the adults.
2. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests must be a positive role model for the children and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all officials, coaches, players, parents and spectators at every game and practice.
3. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, parent or spectator such as booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands, or profane language.
4. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests will demand that their children treat other officials, coaches, players, parents and spectators with respect at all times.
5. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests will never ridicule or yell at their children or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
6. Parents, Parent-coaches, and their guests will respect the officials and coaches for their authority and decisions during games and practices. Parents will never question or confront officials or coaches at the game.
7. Parents will not question a coach's decision on who to play or who sit out at any particular point, or what role a player has during a game.
8. Parents and their guests will refrain from coaching their children or other players during games and practices, unless they are one of the registered coaches for the team.
I understand that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned Taney Youth Basketball Association Parent and Parent-coach Code of Conduct, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
• Verbal warning by an official, coach, and/or Taney Basketball Commissioner
• Game forfeiture
• Parental suspension with written documentation to be kept on file with Taney Basketball
Download PDF Code of Conduct